We are continually improving the user experience for everyone and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
- Technical specifications: The website is built in WordPress. Accessibility relies on the HTML and CSS to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer. We rely on these technologies for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
- Conformance status: The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Ada Lovelace Institute website is fully conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions. Pages score 94/100 or above on Google Chrome accessibility checks.
- Limitations and alternatives: Despite our best efforts to ensure the accessibility of the Ada Lovelace Institute website, there may be some limitations. Please contact us if you observe any other issues.
- Events: We use Zoom for public events, because it enables keyboard navigation, screen reader support, and closed captioning. We provide closed captioning with human captioners at all public Ada events. If you are interested in attending an Ada Lovelace Institute event and using Zoom makes it hard for you to join, or if there are further ways we can support your attendance, please contact email@example.com
- Assessment approach: We assessed the accessibility of the website using self-evaluation, and created this statement on 30 November 2020 using the W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool.
For more information about how we are documenting our experiences and learning to evolve an established best practice about using online tools and data, see Digital best practice.